[ale] [OT] Cable TV Gripes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Oct 12 18:08:26 EDT 2003

David Corbin wrote:
> On Sunday 12 October 2003 17:24, Geoffrey wrote:
>
> -- snip --
>
>> I'll likely never purchase a Tivo type device.  I can't recall the
>> last time I found something worth recording.
>

> This demonstrates to me you don't understand truly understand Tivo.
> Except for sporting events, I watch almost NOTHING live.  EVERYTHiNG
> is recorded, and then I watch it when I want to.

No, demonstrates I've got better things to do then watch tv. ;)

> As for your comment about programming being crappy.  Well, i agree in
> general, but I watch a lot of documentary stuff which isn't quite as
> bad as "prime time comedy/drama" tends to be.  I've just got way too
> many interests....

Now you're making it sound like I'm boring....  I TOO have many
interests, but there's less time then necessary.  I won't list them all,
so as not to cause anyone's filters to kick because the size of this
posting might be too large. :)

I would agree on your choice of content selection as well, documentaries
get more air time at the Myers' home then all else.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net