[ale] NW ALE October meeting announcement

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Oct 10 10:33:18 EDT 2003

The Next ALE-NW Meeting

We graciously thank Kennesaw State University for providing ALE with a
place for our monthly meetings.
Note: The meetings are always on the 3rd Thursday of every month.

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - NorthWest October meeting notice

Join your fellow Linux enthusiasts for our regular monthly meeting!
Thursday, October 18, 2003
8:00 PM
Kennesaw State University
Attention: new room! Clendenin 1008
1000 Chastain Rd., Kennesaw, GA 30144

THIS MONTH:

Topic: SE Asia using open source software to design Public Health Networks

Speaker: Dr. Michael Linnan

Presentation:

A project in SE Asia using open source software to design Public Health
Networks. We currently have one up and running in Hanoi Vietnam that
runs well with locals as admins. We are looking for Linux talent,
however most would be volunteer.

The Hanoi piece is mostly complete. There is also a separate piece
dealing with developing some games for teaching children about safety.
We are looking for volunteers for that activity.

In terms of the IT activity, we want to start building the core of it in
Bangkok at the TASC Foundation office, but in such a way that it will
end up being a somewhat distributed network encompassing all of the
country offices as they develop. Currently there are offices (or about
to be) in Hanoi and Bangkok. Likely to come next is Bangladesh and then
Indonesia.

Bio:

Dr. Linnan is the Hanoi project director for this effort.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net