[ale] hard drive recovery tools?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 8 21:05:22 EDT 2003

Jonathan Glass wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 15:31, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Anyone know of any hard drive recovery tools that run under linux, but
>>work on fat partitions (or what, at one time was a fat partition)?
>

> Are you having any luck with fdisk, dd, or fsck?

No. :(

The bios sees the drive.  I get a bunch of errors on boot when booting
from /dev/hda and it's /dev/hdc.  Further, 'fdisk /dev/hdc' returns an
error (can't recall the exact message) indicating /dev/hdc does not exist.

dd if=/dev/hdc of=...  returns a similar error as fdisk.

Don't know that I want to run fsck on a fat filesystem... ????

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net