[ale] PPTP tunnels for linux/windows/mac...

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sun Oct 5 20:23:49 EDT 2003

ssh doesn't help too much for windows users who need a point and click
interface to their word documents, etc.  They want to just run a program
and "poof" they're on the network.  While that's not the "best" solution
the problem is that upper management generally finds their time better
spent "working" instead of learning to do their job better.

Got any links on the security issues with PPTP?

Is there a better setup for ipsec than freeswan?  I'm trying to light up
2.02 on a 2.4.22 kernel and when I try to "ifconfig down" an interface
the process hangs and the system requires a hard reboot.  Posts to the
kernel list haven't helped much.

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):