[ale] Simple Desktop Distro for Remote Windows user

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Oct 3 09:50:32 EDT 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 02:42 pm, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> They have not spoken much about RHN support for the Fedora series. I am
> not expecting to see any.

My understanding is that fedora will be served with apt and/or yum, and not by
redhat.  Since I think apt is easier to use than RHN, anyway, no big loss.

> With Suse going the same route to some extent (but they _are_ keeping
> the personal version for at least one more release cycle) and Mandrake
> still on the skids financially, the hobbyist Linux user is going to be
> using Slackware and Debian.

Mandrake seems to be coming out of bancrupcy, but one way of generating
revenue they are using is to push ads to users of the free version.  Ick ick
ick!  I may have to switch to Debian.  Is there any other distribution that
uses supermount?  That is the one thing Mandrake has going for it, IMHO.

Michael