[ale] [WAY OT]Reverse Engineering MS Visual Basic Applications

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Oct 2 12:53:58 EDT 2003

Sure.
Geoffrey knows that information can be found simply by googling "Bill Gates."

"In 1973, .... While at Harvard, Gates developed a version of the programming
language BASIC for the first microcomputer - the MITS Altair. . . . .Gates'
foresight and his vision for personal computing have been central to the
success of Microsoft and the software industry."

I am disappointed that Geoffrey feels that I "just troll" and am equally
disappointed that it is so easy to piss off certain people in the Linux
community by simply mentioning "Bill Gates."

My opinion is that most programming is not that creative. Instead it is the
idea that requires the programming that is creative. Moreover, it is my
opinion that if programmers were really creative - they would have the vision
to program something that would bring them financial freedom instead of
wasting energy engaging in classism and having unrestrained envy and jealousy
- while begging the trully creative visionary entreprenuers for jobs.

Geoffrey goes on pontificating (as if we don't already know he believes Bill
Gates is the sole cause for all evil in the world //briefly checking the
archives to see if he blames evil on anything else) and he crosses the line
with a personal attack.

Trolling includes attacking someone personally, Geoffrey. Simply having a
opinion other than "US programmers are sooo creative and worth 3 times the
pay and should (by default) have intellectual property rights to something
they were instructed to write" is *not.*

Having and voicing an opinion that most CONTRACT programming is SIMILAR to
taking dictation, or building a special (trademarked and probably patented)
hamburger in a special way, or writing a story where the characters, plot and
climax are already laid out does not rise to the level of trolling.

I find it ironic that you would call someone a troll because they don't share
a popular opinion. Sounds like you are trying to have a monopoly on opinions.

Moreover, the "wasting bandwidth" argument has been deemed moot.

//I still love and admire and accept Geoffrey for all that I know of him.
//Expecting someone to flame me or point out misspellings or bad grammer.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com