[ale] Simple Desktop Distro for Remote Windows user

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 10:06:09 EDT 2003

Always good setting up family computers! OpenOffice.org hit 1.1
yesterday. I got lucky and nabbed a download before the Slashdot
posting. It is a good upgrade!

RedHat has a no cost RHN subscription that only requires taking a survey
about every 3-6 months or so. Since this won't be a server, the security
upgrades will not be that critical. For $60 they can happen
automatically for a year.

The RedHat Manuals are excellent! Suse's manuals are also excellent.
There are loads of books for RedHat. I don't see nearly as many on Suse.
I expect that would be different in the EU.

Earthlink is pretty much everywhere. I'm sure there are other smaller
ISPs in the PA area. You would need to chat with some LUG people about
their quality. Here is link to a list of 'em.
http://www.colug.net/lugs.php#PA