[ale] IpTables management?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Oct 1 20:08:22 EDT 2003

Bob Toxen wrote:

> I've not found any good tools for building *good* firewalls with IP
> Tables or IP Chains.  You certainly can find some that ask you a few
> questions and give you a rule set.  I would not risk *my* data on
> them and recommend that others don't either.

I agree with Bob, but that's not saying much as that's like saying I
agree with a surgeon when he says you need surgery..  At any rate,
there's a very good book out there that will assist with this effort.
It's called Real World Linux Security.  Make sure you get the 2nd
edition though for the tables section. ;)

http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net