[ale] DummyQ: Minimum RAM to install RH-7.3

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 1 13:39:35 EDT 2003

ALErs-

Thanks for the feedback, all.

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> John Mills wrote:
> > Can I actually run the RH-7.3 installer in a box with only 49MBy RAM?

> I can't actually recall the requirements, but I think it will fly.  I
> know SuSE 8.2 requires 64 mb for a yast2 install, but you can get it to
> install with less using the text install.

I did get a copy of RULE and it's 'Slinky' installer, but I also found
notes to the effect that non-GUI installs of RH-7.3 require less RAM -
well within the limits of my 48 MBy (round off as you prefer &8-).

Well, showtime ... on another box, so I will still be able to whine from
this one.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu