[ale] Backup Software

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Oct 1 11:20:44 EDT 2003

On Monday 29 September 2003 22:31, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> I'd like to hear some suggestions/opinions on Linux backup software.
> Here are the requirements:
>
> 1. Library/Autoloader support for a variety of devices
> 2. Must have a GUI or Web interface to meet user requirements
> 3. Must support advanced scheduling natively (no cron jobs)
>
> I've had good results with ARCserve but would like to hear the
> opinions/experiences of others.

Took a look at Arkeia. Very nice product, but their quote was roughly
twice the price of a similar ARCserve 9 setup. The difference maker was
the native support for single drive libraries rather than selling an
additional add-on package. Arkeia also charges $40 per tape slot, which I
find outrageous on a single drive library.

--
Jonathan Rickman
Key ID: 0DF501FF