[ale] Viewing efax tifs

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Fri May 30 19:59:40 EDT 2003

> How about display, part of the imagemagick package.

That's what I use. I even have a script to print fax tifs:

----------------------------- Cut here ----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
if [ -z "$1" ] ; then
   echo "Usage: printfax faxfile"
   exit 1
fi

target=/tmp/printfax.$$
mkdir $target
cp $1 $target
cd $target
convert -geometry 768x1024! $1 printfax-%03d.ps
lpr printfax*.ps
cd /tmp
rm -rf $target

convert is also a part of Imagemagick. Note that you do need a updated version
of IM. I'm currently running 5.5.4 on my Slack 9 box.

Be aware that display seems to suck up a lot of memory.

BAJ