[ale] Who's Your Mother...

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri May 30 10:28:36 EDT 2003

when my Supermicro pdb6(?) quits, i am going Gigabyte.

i really will be watching the dual processors closely as that is my choice of hardware.

had an Abit Bp6 that was just flakey and would hang every couple of days using Win and Linux (RedHat, Mandrake, Slackware)

(on a side note i haven't had _any_ problem with Supermicro.  i've had this thing so long that it is like a pet.)

Recently I ordered an Athlon XP 1800+ system and installed RH8 on it for a friend of mine.  Onboard sound, nic, video, usb, all worked.  The only snag was the internal modem (which was expected), but already had a Zoom external so that was not a big deal.

didn't think it was a bad deal for $335.00

specs as i remember:

        400w atx mid tower
        Athlon XP 1800
        generic mobo of the week
        40Gig hdd
        onboard agp 32mb
        onboard 5.1 sound
        worthless modem card that only works in windows
        16x dvd
        48x cdburner
        keyboard and mouse
        256mb sdram

will probably get myself one in the near future to play with.

Preston