[ale] Disk access is realllllly slowwwww

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri May 30 09:41:51 EDT 2003

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  The Compaq smart array whos up as a
kind of scsi device and I've never gotten anywhere with hdparm and it.
The devices looks like this: /dev/cciss/c0d0p1
[ root at sulfur ~ ]ls -l /dev/cciss/c0d0p1
brw-rw----    1 root     disk     104,   1 Jan 30 05:24 /dev/cciss/c0d0p1
[ root at sulfur ~ ]

I'll have a try with the iostat suggestion and see if I can figure
something out.

Michael