[ale] Linux 9 (impression)

Zyman, Andy zymana at hra.nyc.gov
Thu May 29 10:35:38 EDT 2003

To Fulton:

I'm aware that Mr.Oracle, as always, is not up to date in supporting linux.
But i have it ( Linux) on laptop ( Compaq m700, i guess it's like 5 years
old or smth ), and this probably not a good idea to run Oracle for any
serious staff. I mostly use it to run some tricky/dummy queries or to look
into details - nothing serious. So I'm not really worry if it takes me 2
weeks %) to get it up and running. But thank you for letting me know about
this.

To James:
 I installed RH8 2-3 times from the same CD. Every time i had different
issues. For example - sound was not working, video driver was not able to
get a highest resolution. But finally i got it running $). BTW, the first
attempt was THE most successful one :)))

AZ