[ale] Which way did the video go?

Ron Cordell roncordell at attbi.com
Thu May 29 06:45:20 EDT 2003

On Thursday 29 May 2003 05:10, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > This was a question that turned up on the SuSE English mailing list
> > yesterday. The answer had something to do with going into the Tux Racer
> > configuration file and setting the display resolution to something better
> > than 640x480. Check the SuSE mailing list archives in the past couple of
> > days for the exact answer.
>
> Thank you! I was looking on the suse board and could not find it, but I
> just tried resetting the setting in UT to 800x600 and was able to get
> graphic display.
> Suse 8.2 obviously has a bug that does not allow 3D graphics at 600x480 (at
> least for a couple of programs.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Drew

I believe that the problem was something along the lines of SuSE's SAX2
utility sets the vertical scan rate for 640x480 down below what the monitor
can really display. For example, if the limie was 30khz, SAX2 was setting it
down around 27khz (or something like that anyway).

-ronc

  6:43am  up   0:06,  2 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.26, 0.16