[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Wed May 28 11:18:57 EDT 2003

> $7.99 all you can eat Steak (it was more enjoyable
> than some of the higher priced steak houses I have been to - and I am in Texas!)
> I also find that I end up slapping on the same A1 sauce!

On a $7.99 steak that might be acceptable, but A1 on a 28 dollar steak is an insult. Texans, go figure... you and Anna Nicole Smith.

> *How* does your code work "better enough" to offset it's own price on the
> organizations' bottom line?
> What does your "steak code" do, Grant?
> What does it look like?
> How is your code 3 times better?
> How are you better?
> Did you code in 1/3 the time, or is it code that does something "hard" (like
> maybe voice recognition)?
> What can you code that the cheaper programmer can't?
> Can you show us some "steak code" Grant?

 Drew, I find this quite insulting. I don't have to prove *diddly* to you, as there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would *ever* try to get a programming job from you. I have clients, I like my clients, I work hard, I pay my taxes

 I have well over 10 years experience doing what I do, and if you want to go back that far, I wrote my first code almost 20 years ago now. You seem to have this attitude that everything you do is brilliant and blessed, and furthermore that you are *above* having to learn more than the most minor details about anything. Couple that with your apparent need to "show me up" on the list, and quite frankly Drew it's no wonder I find you to be a real jackass.

 Unfortunately, you can't solve this by "reinstalling" me.  I imagine this debate is quickly abandoning your comfort zone as a result.

 As for what "steak code" I've ever written, what I don't own I can't post and, quite frankly, what I own I refuse to post. And furthermore, I've seen your code in questions you've posted here and, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell a good programmer from a hole in the ground.

 This is quickly degenerating into a flame war. Drew, you have your philosophy and, right or wrong nothing I or anyone on this list says will change it. Just know that the choice you've made to publicly defame any programmer you've ever come in contact with affects the way you are viewed on this list, and certainly affects my perception of your intelligence, and your level of skill.

Wishing you knew half as much as you think you do,
-Grant

"Go ahead you can laugh all you want, but I've got my philosophy" - Ben Folds