[ale] Which way did the video go?

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 28 09:18:42 EDT 2003

1. On RedHat one can simply ssh into anther Box(B), type the name of a program
and it will be displayed on the screen of Box(A). In Suse, that does not seem
to be the case - especially when I tried to connect to a RedHat box.
Where does the video go?
How do I make a default global setting that will make Suse act like RedHat?

2. I have installed 3 3D video cards (Nvidia, ATI, Matrox) on Suse 8.2 right
after install. When I try to play TuxRacer, UT, or FlightGear(I think) I get
greeted with a black screen. The sound of the games is fine. Other games
FooBilliard and Racer work perfectly. Though I did not have working 3D video
on 8.1, I remember that TuxRacer would display [slowly] without 3D
acceleration. This problem seems to be limited to Suse 8.2. I don't even know
where to look to fine the little men that steal the 3D display and paint a
black screen.
Where does the 3D video go?
Where do I change the setting so that it will export to the screen?
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com