[ale] NVIDIA cards and drivers

Bruce Griffis griffisb at bellsouth.net
Wed May 28 09:47:27 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 11:19 pm, Marvin Dickens wrote:
> Well, after all of the talk regarding nvidia cards and drivers, I
> decided to do a little test. I took a machine with RH 9.0 on it that had
> been in use for about 4 months. It has the standard "nv' driver
> installed on it and it's driving a super cheap clone card with a nvidia
> tnt2 chipset with 32 megs of ram.

As a total newbie - that is EXACTLY what I did with an ancient Nvidia 4mg card
a month or so ago. I then bought a newer GEForce 400 w/ 64Mg and followed the
same procedures. Worked fine both times.

I don't consider myself a hardware guy or a Linux guy, maybe a
router/switch/firewall/network design guy. But anyway - it worked like a
champ. The only thing I had to do after running the shell script was to edit
XF86Config-4.