[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

roncordell at attbi.com roncordell at attbi.com
Tue May 27 14:07:51 EDT 2003

Unions for IT workers? Hmmm.... more overhead for just about nothing except making it more
difficult to compete against non-unionized work forces. Doesn't seem a good thing to me.

The problem is not with the management, the engineers, or those in government - it is with all
of them. The truth of the matter is that we as an engineering community have failed to deliver
the goods time and time again. In general, the ability of IT to deliver on promises is poor. And
the fingers can point in any direction for this. So why not make the same mistakes, just with
less expensive resources? That's the message and the reason for offshoring development and
IT.

The only way to keep companies from pushing more IT offshore is to just do it better than
anyone else can, regardless of the price. Not as individuals (obviously, we each think we do
pretty well, don't we?), but as a group of professionals.

For some reason, Ayn Rand and Atlas Shrugged keeps coming to mind...