[ale] video card recommendation

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon May 26 14:31:09 EDT 2003

> You can use the "nv" XFree driver out of the box w/ Nvidia cards. It only
> provides 2d support, but for most purposes, it works well. From what I
> have read, it is stabler than the NVIDIA driver.

Been there. Doing that, but I why have a 3D card that is only useful for 2D?
The drivers that come with Suse seem to be ultra stable, but they stop short
at 2D (but it is not their fault). I want to play 3D video games to help me
learn another program that is being developed - and it helps DVD - and
because I paid for it. I am going now to try to test various cards.

When I find a solution, it will be posted.

Drew