[ale] video card recommendation?

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun May 25 12:03:23 EDT 2003

Since my first experience with Linux, the Nvidia video cards have always been
a problem. I have had to learn new tactics to get the drivers to install
everytime I upgrade. Finally, they have a new driver that is supposed to fix
the problem. I had many problems getting that driver to work, and once I was
able to get it "successfully" installed, it rewards me with a black screen
when I try to use the 3d acceleration. The worst purchase I have ever made in
hardware was the Nvidia graphics cards (and I put them on all of my systems).

At this point, I don't think I am interested in dealing with these cards
anymore. Considering the amount of time I have spent playing with them - they
are far more expensive than they are worth. I need to move on and get a
graphics card that it automatically configured when I install Linux. Every
other piece of hardware that I have works this way.

I am thinking that I want 64 ram, 3D graphics card, that is automatically
installed CORRECTLY from the installation of most versions of Linux (I am on
Suse).

Anyone have recommendations from personal experience?
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com