[ale] making duplicate files

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue May 20 13:58:05 EDT 2003

Thank you Dylan, Geoffrey and Pete for cranking out those scripts. I chose to
use the perl script below, and it finished so quickly, I thought there was an
error.

Just in case anyone cares, I am using the script to make files to add to my
website and generate pages from the database. I am doing this in hopes that a
particular "malfunctioning" search engine will pick up the data and give me
credit for the pages.

In my study, I have found that having lots of local pages helps search engine
ranking for at least 1-3 major engines.

Drew

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 11:37 am, Dylan Northrup wrote:
> A long time ago, (20.05.03), in a galaxy far, far away, ChangingLINKS.com
wrote:
> :=Where there is Linux, there is a way, right?
> :=I have a file called 000.php and I want to 998 create files
> :=*that have the same content* named 001.php - 999.php.
> :=
> :=How would I do that from the command line?
>
> This should work if you've got perl installed (and if you don't have perl
> installed, what kind of Linux box are you running, anyway!?!?!?! :-)
>
> perl -e '$i=1;while($i<1000){$j=sprintf "%03d",$i++;`ln 000.php $j.php`;}'

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com