[ale] OT: Good Deal

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Fri May 16 18:48:49 EDT 2003

I had an HP (rebadged Philips) SCSI CD-R that fell under the class
action and I sent it off to them when it went bad (albeit only under
writing).  They sent me a replacement (an IDE Philips, wouldn't you
know) and it's in my primary machine.  It does OK, but I can only make
DAO audio CDs by specifying -raw16 to cdrecord - it reports that it
doesn't support DAO.  It'll do, but it's pretty slow and it rips audio
CDs at less than 2x.

- Jeff