[ale] Need an RPM clue

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon May 12 12:52:05 EDT 2003

OK. The "found 0 source and 0 binary packages" hints that the packages
you have downloaded are corrupt or just blank. Redownload (or pull them
from rpmfind.net)

The missing public keys gripe can be fixed by adding the public keys for
mysql development team to the keying for root.

Also, you don't want to use the -F (freshen) flag since you are
installing the devel package set. An easy way to do the entire thing is
to download ALL the rpm for MySQL into an empty directory, cd to that
directory then run "rpm -Uvh *.rpm"

You can also get the src.rpm, and build your own for the box you are
using with rpmbuild --rebuild mysql*.src.rpm then install the binaries
it builds. They will be found in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

And yes, rpm is a real bugger until you get the hang of it. Slackware
has the dependency HELL solved by always starting from source tarballs.