[ale] APC UPS

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Thu May 8 13:17:41 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 12:59, hbbs at attbi.com wrote:
> Did anyone find out if that generator was DC?  Reason I ask is that once
> undriven, a flywheel naturally can't stay at the same speed and therefore can't
> run an AC generator so as to make it continue to put out 60Hz.

Depending on the mass of the flywheel, I'd be willing to bet it could
run in the 50-60 Hz range for quite a long time. Many power supplies can
operate down as low as 50 Hz without too much damage. In any case, I
would imagine that the 15% drop in voltage would be as much of an issue
as the lower frequency.

Josh

--
Josh Freeman