[ale] Shell Scripting for Compatiblity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 8 10:28:11 EDT 2003

bash is the place to start.  It should be compatible with most other
variants, but will very likely seriously break with csh.  Really not
much you can do about that.  Most all unix systems come with some
variant of the bourne shell.  You might consider using:

#!/bin/sh

Since, I believe, most all UNIX variants have /bin/sh default to bourne.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...