[ale] adding true type fonts

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed May 7 22:53:19 EDT 2003

#> apt-get install xfstt
#> cp *.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/
#> /etc/init.d/xfstt reload

You also need to add 'FontPath "unix/:7101"' and 'FontPath "unix/:7100"' to your
XF86Config. Of course you will have to restart X for that to take effect.

Once you have it all up and running you can dynamically add ttf fonts by just
copying the font to the fonts directory and reloading the server.

On Wed, 7 May 2003 20:34:35 -0400
"I. Herman" <groupmail at madhorizons.com> wrote:

> I need to download a font and add it to the system.  The font is a ttf.  What
> dir do I need to put it in, and what do I need to do to the system to get it
> recognized.
>
> This is on Debian Woody.
>
> TIA,
> Izzie

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted.

Missionara Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
CH:D 59