[ale] Earthlink Spam protection

Bryan Mattern bm at datapace.com
Wed May 7 22:06:31 EDT 2003

Well, you could also require the sender to type in a simple random
string on the confirmation (generated from an image of course) ala
slashdot.  That's what I did on my system.

Then I suppose spammers could develop a process to print/OCR it, script
a form post, etc.  To counteract that, you could just use a weird
looking font. :-D