[ale] Duplicating a CD

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Wed May 7 18:13:53 EDT 2003

I've never got dd to work for audio, so I'm assuming you need to rip the
audio tracks, dump the data off using DD, and them us mkhybrid to burn
it back on a CD . .. although as long as just 1 and 0's dd *should work

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 15:01, Joseph Knapka wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've got a CD with an ISO filesystem *and* some audio tracks on it
> (it's one of my daughter's "animated storybooks").  I want to
> duplicate this disc, for backup purposes. If it were just a
> filesystem, or just audio, I'd know how to proceed, but the
> combination on one disk has thrown me. I have the usual array of tools
> at my displosal (cdparanoia, cdrecord, mkisofs, etc.) but I'm not
> sure, at a conceptual level, how to approach this task. All of the
> Google hits about duplicating CDs seem to discuss audio only, or data
> only. I'd appreciate a pointer to relevant documentation, if any.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Joe
Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access