[ale] RH Upgrade

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue May 6 11:58:24 EDT 2003

aaron said:
> I haven't explored RH9 personally, but the bits I've read suggest that
> it  continues down the same [sorry] GUI path as 8.0. I think all the
> shortcomings  stem from the RH effort to crunch Gnome and KDE into a
> clone minded, locked  down "Trade Mark" look and feel conglomeration.

Good for furthering widespread acceptance of Linux in the desktop
market...bad for those 133t linux hax0rs that require everything to be
designed *there* way.

I personally like Bluecurve and its attempt to consolidate the desktop,
but that's my opinion.  Still, if people really wish to see Linux compete
with M$ on the desktop, efforts like Bluecurve are necessary and a little
bit past due.

John