[ale] Command auditing

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon May 5 21:28:24 EDT 2003

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> Is anyone here doing command auditing?  I would like
    Christopher> every command executed via the shell to be send as an
    Christopher> auth message to syslog.  I have it wokring now but I
    Christopher> had to modify the source code to ash to make this
    Christopher> happen.  I was hoping there was another way.

You could write wrappers for execve() and friends which do your
logging and then load that using LD_PRELOAD.

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=