[ale] DSL

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Mon May 5 14:19:05 EDT 2003

my experience with Earthlink 2 years ago was horrible.  Tons of packet loss, slow connection, lots of disconnects.  I had better luck dialing up, and i wish i was exaggerating with that, but i am not.  Got BellSouth, and no more problems.

->
->
->Hasn't this been hammered on before? I've been happy with
->Speakeasy. Linux
->friendly in my experience, solid up times in my limited
->experience. (Four
->months now, since having Directtv sink under me) True static
->IP, they are
->happy to host domains, and all the other good things in
->internet life 8-).
->
->I've heard some good things about earthlink, but they goofed
->while I was
->shopping. I got a script reading sales droid on the phone.
->When I asked
->unusual questions, he went south and I never heard back. OTOH, I have
->heard some good things about their service, so don't write them off
->completely either.
->