[ale] laptop with dual monitor

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon May 5 09:16:41 EDT 2003

Lots of laptops can support dual monitors, now.  In windows, if you plug a
monitor into the back you can get two displays--one on the LCD and a
different one on the monitor.  Windows can be dragged from one display to
the other.

I know that in general, X under Linux supports this behavior, too, but you
have to have the right video card.  Does anyone have a particular
laptop/notebook model, or chipset, that they can connfirm has support for
this?

If I can find a decent laptop that supports this I can almost definitely
get several important converts to linux at work.  There are several people
who would like to use Linux, but Linux can't do dual monitors on our
Compaq Armadas.  But it is time to upgrade, so if I can find a laptop that
works I'll get several people to at least try it.

Thanks,

Michael