[ale] [way OT]: Workbench power supply?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Fri May 2 18:29:04 EDT 2003

I like the idea of using another car battery.

I thought that car batteries weren't meant to be fully "discharged".
Should I just keep the charger connected to the battery terminals all
the time?  Should I buy one of those gel-optima-yellow-type-expensive
car batteries?

Also, my office/workbench is not separated from my bedroom (it's a
separate room, but with indented walls to separate the two).  Will this
pose any health risks (breathing car battery hydrogen or what have
you)?  I think the expensive batteries are sealed, so that might save me
a few [much needed] brain cells.

Post-thanks (or should it be pre-thanks!?),
CB