[ale] RE: mandrake upgrade (Herman, Izzie)

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Fri May 2 12:43:48 EDT 2003

also if you need to actually keep any of the logs or info currently
existing in /var then you should back it up either to tape or by copying
it to another location and then put it back into the new location for /var
we had a similar situation with our redhat based mail and proxy server
on our network. We  needed to keep the SQUID logs,etc.  for monitoring
purposes so simply deleting /var wasn't an option for us.
this is my first post to the list, Hi guys!!! *Waves!!!*

Van Loggins

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com

1-770-532-2239 Extension 9404

Assistant System Administrator