[ale] Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Jonathan Glass (IBB) jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Sun Mar 30 09:06:24 EST 2003

I have dozens of people (30 - 40) using wireless keyboards and mice in a
mixed wired/wireless network, and they never interfere.  The only
complaint I have is that, according to some reports, the keyboards can
interfere with each other (thus, anybody can sniff your keyboard input
(*cough*passwords*cough*) just by having a keyboard receiver within 100
feet).

The only other complaint is they don't die gracefully.  One day they
work, the next they'll be a little flaky for a few minutes, then die
completely.  Replace the batteries, no good.  Install a wired keyboard,
all the problems go away.  :)

HTH
jonathan