[ale] klipper??

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Mar 28 09:57:08 EST 2003

The thing should not be enabled by *default.* And in Suse 8.1 (like RedHat)
the virtual desktops should separate programs by default. As I remember
"Clippy" was easier to disable. In our case, it is hard to realize that it is
Klipper that is causing the annoyance.

Drew

On Friday 28 March 2003 08:39, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2003 09:17 am, Geoffrey wrote:
> > I recall someone outlining how to disable this thing.  I've done it on
> > one box, but can't for the life of me do so on a new install.  Couldn't
> > locate it in the archives either, maybe I'm spelling it wrong?
> >
> > This is the popup app that shows up when I'm using my browser.  Can
> > someone refresh my memory?
>
> Klick on its icon in the kicker and uncheck "Enable Actions".
>
> > I can't imagine why this thing was ever built, it's got to be the most
> > annoying thing I've ever encountered.
>
> Whereas I love it.  I can select a URL in any app and it will launch my
> browser for me.  And I love having a history of selecte objects.  And it
> enables me to cut and paste between emacs and java.  Woo hoo!
>
> And surely you don't think it is as annoying as "Clippy', the windows paper
> clip thingy.  :-)
>
> Michael

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com