[ale] klipper??

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Mar 28 09:27:08 EST 2003

    esoteric> I recall someone outlining how to disable this thing.
    esoteric> I've done it on one box, but can't for the life of me do
    esoteric> so on a new install.  Couldn't locate it in the archives
    esoteric> either, maybe I'm spelling it wrong?

[...]

Perhaps the `Actions Enabled' item that shows in the menu when you
click on the icon in the system tray . . .

Or the shortcut Alt-Ctrl-X shown beside same . . .

    esoteric> I can't imagine why this thing was ever built, it's got
    esoteric> to be the most annoying thing I've ever encountered.

It's annoying until you get used to it and get it configured the way
you want it.  Then it's indespensable.  You can define your own
actions to run when the cut buffer matches a certain pattern.  For
instance at work we have a series of machines named by a fixed
scheme that matches `et-...-[0-9]+', so I defined actions which pop up
a new konsole that ssh's to that box and run ping to it.  And if you
don't want to use it temporarily you can always key it off with
Ctrl-Alt-X.

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=