[ale] GDM and locale

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 26 14:31:47 EST 2003

Can anyone tell me how to set the locale in gnome or GDM?  I'm using
Debian Woody, and I've configured the locale to be en_US.  When I login
to the console, the LANG environment variable is en_US.  When I login
with gdm and open an xterm, the LANG variable is C.  The DefaultLocale
in gdm.conf is also set to en_US.  The really frustrating part is that
I've previously setup two other boxes with Debian, and those set the
locale properly.  Just not this one.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9