[ale] [Fwd: Automounting Sandisk]

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Mar 26 13:48:32 EST 2003

Oh yea,

Here is the reference link

http://www.netspace.net.au/~bmiller/linux/c5050.html

-- BEGIN included message

To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Automounting Sandisk
From: Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
To: ale at ale.org
Date: 26 Mar 2003 13:47:08 -0500

I git it to work so I'll inform you what I did.

I found out that by default, RH7.3 does not load the automount daemon at
startup.  When I saw my CD-ROM being mounted, it was actually a KDE
process called autorun that was doing the mount.

I started automount and told it to use /mnt/auto.
When I did ls /mnt/auto/sandisk, it then automatically mounted the
sandisk device.  I'm not sure if there is a hot-swap solution.  I think
I still have to manually issue the unmount command as root :(.  Maybe I
should investigate using autorun to handle the sandisk device.

-- END included message