[ale] gpg and detached sigs?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Mar 26 12:15:11 EST 2003

At work we're finally implementing certain lists require you sign your
emails.  Using my config at home all is well but the way I was signing
my emails wouldn't work with the mutt/gpg combo.  I just added
"--clearsign" to my sign command:

set pgp_sign_command="~rharris/bin/gpg    --no-verbose --batch --quiet
--output - --passphrase-fd 0 --armor --detach-sign --textmode
--clearsign %?a?-u %a? %f"

The mailing list is now taking it but when I try to read my own mail I
get an error:

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Wed Mar 26 12:14:11 2003) --]
gpg: not a detached signature
[-- End of PGP output --]

[-- The following data is signed --]

Blah

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                GPG Key: 26F78970 @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
  404-302-9883

[-- End of signed data --]

while my co-worker's test email is fine:

anyone have any ideas???  I'm using the gpg.rc config from the examples
in 1.4.1 source.

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net