[ale] Installing KDE

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Mar 26 09:32:28 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 08:21 pm, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I do not know what to say about KDE 3.1.1  I have not seen and immediate
> improvement.  I expected konqueror to behave a little better on previous
> IE only sites I visited with the older version, but it still renders.
> them almost unreadable.

the improvements I've seen are mostly in speed and tabbed browsing.
Startup time is less than half what it was with 3.0, and pages seem to
render almost instantly.  Tabbed browsing is really nice, but you have to
enable it in the configurator.

I haven't noticed any real layout or javascript improvements, but I never
kept records on bad pages so I don't know where to check.  I do notice
that I have been forced to switch to Mozilla less often.

--Michael