[ale] Current contract market rates for LAMP programmers

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Wed Mar 26 08:31:25 EST 2003

Does anyone know what the current market range of rates for programmers
doing contract work with 2 years of LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) experience
and about 5 years of web development overall would be ?  Someone told me it
is $10/hr to $20/hr and I find that really really low.    I would like
anyone's opinion of both the independent contractor rate and what a
contractor would get if they were a subcontractor.

TIA