[ale] OT Toshiba Satellite 2505 RAM

Rafos701 at aol.com Rafos701 at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 11:39:58 EST 2003

Pending my temporary move here to facilitate a meteoric rise in the IT field, I use only notebooks. Though finding I am ignorant in the IT field, and getting any job, inc MW, I can remark on your problem, maybe.
If you have something (don't know Tosh's too well,) below 233 MHz, the machine may only like EDO RAM, which physically is identical to the item you obtain at e.g. best Buy. There's some mythology among marketers of old IBM RAM that those machines don't like RAM rated higher than their stock "bus speed." I found that PC133 RAM was detected and tested OK, and returned it because it didn't facilitate the unit maxing out to its stated capacity.
I have an extra 16M EDO "dimm," that I could loan for test, or swap if you wanted it. I promised the Scherrey guy with a Viao I'd bring a bunch of dead backlight to central mtg and didn't do that, so, let me know.
I think the local import storefronts are kinda overpriced on EDO RAM.