[ale] PHP vs. J2EE

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Mar 20 13:42:29 EST 2003

On Thursday 20 March 2003 12:37 pm, C I wrote:
> I haven't played with it in a while but PHP has the
> ability to access Java classes directly.  So you could
> have all you logic in Java on the backend and just
> have the PHP request the needed info and the Java will
> return the data.  Was a lot of fun to play with.

Every time I've tried to use it there were big stability problems.  The
last time (couple of weeks ago) we tracked it down to a JVM flaw buried
pretty deep in code and well beyond my understanding.  We had tomcat
calling php calling back in to java.  When it crashed it brought the whole
server down.  Be careful.

Michael