[ale] PHP vs. J2EE

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Mar 20 12:53:18 EST 2003

Indeed, but it's listed as "experimental" on the PHP project, and I found
it completely broken in 4.2.3 and 4.3.0 (have logged ticket at
http://bugs.php.net).  I could instantiate system classes, but custom
classes would cause Apache to go down hard with a segfault.

If you're designing this for production, I'd stay away from PHP/Java
integration.  If not, it's definitely fun to play with.

If you have to have java, go with a tomcat container.

John