[ale] Gnome workspace and overlapping windows

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Mar 17 14:42:05 EST 2003

I agree that the xmms thing is irritating.  Don't know if it's an xmms or
a metacity or a gnome thing, but here's the way to get it to work:

Go to options->preferences on xmms.  Click the "options" tab.  Check the
"Do not hide windowmanager decorations".

This will put the default window bars around xmms.  Not pretty, but it
works.  Now get a window context menu (by clicking in the left corner of
the title bar under my current theme) and choose "Put on all work spaces".

John