[ale] [Fwd: RHN Warning: Inactive Servers WILL BE DELETED]

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Mar 16 09:59:38 EST 2003

Chris Fowler said:
> This sux.  What if I do not want to run that daemon on my machines.  The
> two profiles they are refering too are chroot einvironments and do not
> exist on a computer by themselves.

Then don't?  All they're telling you is that your RHN profile is about to
be removed.  If you don't use it, you have nothing to worry about.  Won't
affect you in any way.

> I never run that daemon.  I do not want updates applied to my system
> that I do not apply myself.  Nor do I need this thing communicating
> outside.

Then just ignore the email.  And removed any links to rhnsd in your
runlevel's /etc/rc.d/rc[n].d directory so the daemon never starts.

John