[ale] RH - disappointing

Chuck Huber chuck at cehuber.org
Sat Mar 15 19:13:48 EST 2003

Okay, I'm all in favor of RedHat making a buck or two, but why
do they have to hit me with $60 per system per year to keep it updated?

I wouldn't mind paying $60 per year for me to keep up all the systems
for which I'm responsible (10 or so), but asking $600 a year is, like
way, WAY too much.

I've really enjoyed the up2date service and have gotten quite used
to the ease of installing new packages and keeping existing ones up
to date.  However, their new pricing strategy is driving me elsewhere.

With that said... I'd like to get some input from y'all on other
distributions since I haven't fooled around with anything except
RedHat.  If you have a favourite, I'd like to hear what it is,
why you prefer it over others, and any shortcomings you've encountered.

Thanks,
    - Chuck

--
"The purpose of encryption is to protect good people
from bad people, not to protect bad people from the government."

 PGP signature