[ale] free bsd vs. linux

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at world.std.com
Sat Mar 15 15:18:28 EST 2003

>Subject: Re: [ale] free bsd vs. linux
>From: Robert Heaven <robertheaven at earthlink.net>
>To: ALE <ale at ale.org>
>Date: 15 Mar 2003 15:08:31 -0500
>
>No, I have never dual-booted a BSD box.

I triple-boot BSD, Linux, & MS-DOS; have for years, with LILO.
BSD's install can be made to not clobber anything.
Just get Linux booted, configure LILO to "see" BSD and
all should be fine.  I don't know if BSD's bootmanager
can do Linux, but as a guess, I "think" it would just
bring up Linux's bootmanager, i.e. LILO or GRUB.

-kc